As part of the continuing effort to keep sensitive information safe, changes are being made to how W9 attachments work in ConnectCarolina. The changes will be effective Friday, August 4.
- You will be the only person who can see W9s attached to the independent contractor requests that you have not submitted.
- You will no longer be able to open a W9 attached to an independent contractor request once the request is fully approved by Disbursement Services.
- You can see the attachments while the request is in the approval process. If the request is denied, you will be able to open the W9 attachment.
- If you have not submitted the request for approval, you will be able to delete attachments.
- A new “On Hold” status identifies independent contractor requests that have been saved but not submitted for approval.
- A new On Hold field on the Independent Contractor search screen lets you find requests that have been saved but not submitted for approval:
You can also see whether the request is on hold at the top of the first page of the request:
If you have questions about these changes, contact the Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or at help.unc.edu.