CONNECTCAROLINA SYSTEM OUTAGES
CONNECTCAROLINA MAINTENANCE OUTAGE NOTICE – Dec. 17, 2013
ConnectCarolina will have a planned maintenance outage on Tuesday, Dec. 17, starting at 5:00 pm and ending around 11:00 pm. ConnectCarolina will be unavailable during this time frame.
In addition, the following functions may experience limited and/or no functionality due to their use of Person Services which is impacted by this outage:
- UNC Directory (lookups available, but not updates)
- UNC Online Application (Summer School, Nursing, Part-time Studies, etc.)
- UNC Guest ID creations
- TouchNet (bill payment and enrollment deposits)
- Check Request
- Web Travel
- Web Vendor
- Friday Center Applications (CPPSReg, PDEPReg, CEU, FCCPS)
- EPAWeb (New Hire Actions Only)
- Applicant Web (Employees cannot update their PID under their Applicant Profile)
- FACS II Administration
- Onyen Services
- PID Create
- PID Inquiry
- ConnectCarolina reporting environment (HRRPT)
- Reporting tools (OBIEE, EPM and WebFocus)
- Student Stores applications (i.e., ordering textbooks)
If you experience any problems, please contact the Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or help.unc.edu .
For the most up-to-date system status, please go to https://status.its.unc.edu/
We appreciate your cooperation and support as we continue to make ITS applications more efficient for our users.
Recommended Browsers for ConnectCarolina
The ConnectCarolina System
ConnectCarolina is both a project developing new administrative software for the University and the name of the software tool. Once a component has been implemented (in other words, is now operational for end users), technical support should be through the normal help channels and through the operational office (i.e., the University Registrar for anything related to student records).
The ConnectCarolina project is now in operational mode for Campus Community(directory-related issues), Campus Solutions (student services) and eProcurement (online purchasing). In the ongoing ConnectCarolina project, upcoming implementations are mainly in Finance and Human Resources/Payroll.
The first stop for help with ConnectCarolina is the Help Desk (ITRC) which can be reached by calling (919) 962-HELP or logging a Remedy Ticket (help request) through online help support (http://help.unc.edu). Faculty, staff and current students can login at help.unc.edu to Submit a Help Request. Choose ConnectCarolina-Campus Solutions from the first dropdown and the appropriate option from the second dropdown that addresses the issue. This will direct the help request to the business analyst and/or technical support staff who can best resolve the issue.
ConnectCarolina technical support services help users resolve specific problems with the operational components of ConnectCarolina, including:
- Campus Community:
- University Directory
- Campus Solutions (student services)
- Student Records (registration, grading, transcripts, etc.)
- Financial Aid
- Student Financials (billing)
- ImageNow (document management)
- Starlight (departmental awards, mostly graduate students)
Functional assistance is available from the operational office:
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduate Admissions
- Student Records (University Registrar)
- Financial Aid
- Student Financials (Cashier)
ConnectCarolina project-related information can be found on this website and in a bi-weekly newsletter.