‘Tis the season when some of you may have received new mobile devices under the tree. There are two easy ways to set your new device up with 2-Step Verification (Duo). You can call the Service Desk at 919-962-HELP or you can follow the instructions below.
Here are the instructions for setting up 2-Step Verification (Duo) on those new devices:
- Go to http://onyen.unc.edu and click Register & Manage 2-Step Verification.
- Sign in with your Onyen or guest ID.
- From the ‘Register & Manage 2-Step Verification’ screen, click Start Setup.
- Enter your PID (or click Forgot your PID to look it up), the last four digits of your social security number (SSN) and your date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy).
- Click Submit.
Result: The system displays the DuoSecurity Self-Registration screen showing you what devices have already been registered with 2-step verification.
Note: ITS employees (and some other groups) do not see this screen.
- On the ‘DuoSecurity Self-Registration’ screen, do the following:
- If the devices are still current, click Keep current settings.
- If you no longer have the devices or do not want them linked to your account, click Remove all devices
Note: If you remove all devices, you will have to create a new account. Follow the steps titled “Register Your Device” to start over.
- On the ‘Choose an authentication method’ screen, click My Settings & Devices on the left side of the frame.
- On the My Settings & Devices screen, choose an authentication method:
- Send me a Push to Verify with the App (click link below)
- Call me to Verify with a Phone call (click link below)
- Enter a Passcode to Verify with a Text (click link below)
Result: The system displays the devices you have already set up.
- Click Add another device.
- Use the instructions at http://help.unc.edu/duo for using the new device to verify your identity.