We are sending this message to let you know about some changes to pages you may have access to in ConnectCarolina. These changes will occur in two phases over the next few weeks. Our highest priority is securing our employees’ sensitive information, such as social security numbers. These changes will help tighten security by limiting the number of places you can see any part of a social security number, as well as who can see them.
Beginning this Friday, September 21, the following changes will be in place:
- You’ll need to go to Workforce Administration > PID Search Match or Workforce Administration > Find Existing PID pages to look up employees and students. You’ll no longer have access to the Search/Match page in ConnectCarolina.
- On the Add/Update a Person page, you’ll no longer see the National ID field. If you need to look up employees or students, you’ll need to use the Workforce Administration > Find Existing PID page.
Beginning on Friday, September 28, the following changes will be in place:
- You’ll no longer be able to see the information in the National ID/SSN fieldon any Student Administration pages in ConnectCarolina. If you believe you have a business need to see part or all of this field, you’ll need to work with your manager to gain access to the Find Existing PID page where this information can be seen.
- On the Workforce Administration > Find Existing PID page, you’ll need to click to see social security numbers, if you have access. Based on your access,
- you may be able to see part or all of the information in this field, and
- you may have access to create or update the information in this field.
In any case, should you decide you have a business need to gain access to the SSN, you will need to use the existing InfoPorte access request form/process to request access to the Workforce Administration Pages.
We appreciate your understanding as we work to make the information stored in ConnectCarolina even more secure. If you have any questions about these changes, you can submit a help request at help.unc.edu.
The ConnectCarolina Team