Performance appraisal season is coming around again. The fundamentals are still the same—performance reviews, performance plans, and for SHRA employees, competency assessments. What’s different is that this year, Carolina Talent provides the start of a new, better way of getting them done. You’ll find the links to Carolina Talent performance management in ConnectCarolina.
There’s a Carolina Talent Performance tile on your Self Service home page and managers and HR personnel will also have performance management links in their WorkCenters.
Here are a few of the things we think you’ll like:
- Carolina Talent provides a central place to quickly access goals and development plans, making it a little easier to keep the performance conversation going all year long.
- Managers and employees can update progress on goals and development plans at any time.
- Entering goals is quicker, because managers can assign a goal to multiple team members and copy them from year to year.
- Managers can link any training in Carolina Talent to an employee’s development plan.
- Approvals will be online. No more printing or emailing forms.
What’s changing for SHRA and EHRA-Non-Faculty employees this performance plan period?
- Your managers will still use the PDF form to complete 2020-2021 performance appraisals and, when signed off, will upload them to Carolina Talent.
- Your managers will use Carolina Talent to set your goals and create development plans for 2021-2022.
- You’ll go to Carolina Talent to review and acknowledge your goals and plans.
More details and training for supervisors of EHRA and SHRA employees begins in March as the performance management cycle gets closer. In the meantime, visit https://hr.unc.edu/carolinatalent to learn more about the work underway to get everything ready.