To: Voucher Preparers, Campus Unit Finance Leads
Over the last few months, we’ve told you that beginning August 1, payments that directly benefit education-related expenses for undergraduate or graduate students will be paid through GradStar. They can no longer be paid through the campus voucher system. Last week, we held a webinar to give you more information about what that looks like as you work with student payments. If you weren’t able to attend the webinar or want to review it for clarification, we’ve included a link to it below, along with some other information you may find useful as you work with student payments.
Where you can find more information
You may find the following resources useful as you work with student payments:
- The recording of the Changes to Student Award Payments for Voucher Preparers webinar posted on CCinfo.unc.edu.
- The slides from the Changes to Student Award Payments for Vouchers Preparers webinar posted on CCinfo.unc.edu.
- Guidance for Training Awards and GradStar from the Office of Sponsored Research (link will be live on Friday, July 30).
Where to get help
As Janet Rupert, Director of Accounts Payable and Vendor Services, put it during the webinar “there may be some back and forth at the beginning while we’re all learning this, so please understand that we’re doing our best and we will understand that you all are too.”
Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions. Where you get help depends on the area you have questions about. Check the information below to determine which office is your best point of contact.
If you have questions related to…
- Payment for tuition or GradStar, contact The Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid, contact the Office of Scholarship and Student Aid at Ssa_graduate@unc.edu
- Vouchers, contact Accounts Payable at email@example.com
- Training Grants, contact the Office of Sponsored Research at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Change Management Team
To view this email in its’ original format click Preparing for the Changes to Student Payments