ConnectCarolina HR/Payroll Outage
Scheduled ConnectCarolina HR/Payroll Outage, Friday October 8 at noon until Monday, October 11, 8:00 a.m.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please review the information below to see what services are impacted.
TIM and Viewing Paychecks
- October 8 is a bi-weekly payday. Employees can view paychecks that morning, up until the outage begins at noon.
- Faculty, staff and student employees will not be able to use some Self-Service functions such as View Paycheck during the outage.
- The TIM system will be available, but you will not be able to access it using the link in ConnectCarolina. If you need to use TIM during the outage, go to https://unctim.unc.edu/employee.
- W-2 forms cannot be accessed during the outage.
- NOTE: Manual checks will not be cut on Friday, October 8. Manual check requests not processed prior to 5:00pm on Thursday, October 7 will be processed on Monday, October 11.
Benefits Information is Available
- You can still view your benefit information. When you attempt to sign in to ConnectCarolina, the system will show you a message with an alternate link to access the BenefitFocus website.
- You can make Enrollment changes by calling the Eligibility and Enrollment Support Center at 855-859-0966.
PeopleAdmin, LawLogix and Background Check
- Although PeopleAdmin will be available, we recommend that you don’t log into PeopleAdmin during the outage because you may encounter unexpected issues. PeopleAdmin will not be able to pull information from or send information to ConnectCarolina during the outage.
- LawLogix is available, but won’t be able to pull information from or send information to ConnectCarolina during the outage.
- Background Check services will not be available during the outage.
- Carolina Talent is not affected by the outage. You can access it from the Carolina Talent tile on the Self Service home page or carolinatalent.unc.edu.
Other Systems Affected by a HR/Payroll Service Disruption
Click on the buttons below for detailed information on systems impacted.
- InfoPorte and SAS Visual Analytics reports include data current as of Wednesday, October 6.
- The ConnectCarolina HR/Payroll reporting instance (accessed using the Ad Hoc Reporting (RPT) menu option) is available but the data will be as of Wednesday, October 6.
For Questions or Problems
Contact the Service Desk at 919-962-HELP or help.unc.edu. Outage notifications will be posted on the ConnectCarolina landing page (the page you see when you go to connectcarolina.unc.edu and on the home page of ConnectCarolina