For Research Administrators
This page contains information to help research administrators as they use ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte to support principal investigators who are doing sponsored research at UNC.
Click the buttons below for more details:
A new PI Dashboard in InfoPorte gives principal investigators a snapshot of their grant funding and expenses, including salary projections, at both the award level and project level.
As a research administrator, you can get access to see the PI Dashboards for the principal investigators you support.
You’ll need to work with the InfoPorte Administrator of the PI’s home department. To find out who the InfoPorte Administrators are, click InfoPorte Administrators and Access Request Coordinators.
For details about using the PI Dashboard, click Working With the Principal Investigator Dashboard.
For information about how you can support your PI using the PI Dashboard, click For Research Admins: Working With the PI Dashboard.
Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions to see the answers to questions the ConnectCarolina team received during testing.
This webinar, recorded at the Research Symposium in 2016, provides people who manage contracts and grants with important information, including how to find:
- Open requisitions, purchase orders, and unposted vouchers
- Voucher payments
- Sponsor payments
- Payroll accounting rows
- Cash balances
- Budget balances.
Use the tabs below to find out more information about the reports that are available for reviewing financial information for contracts and grants in ConnectCarolina
The queries below are available for reviewing financial information for contracts and grants in ConnectCarolina RPT:
- NC_CPS_AR_DJ_PMTS_BY_PROJECT – Shows OSR deposits via direct journal. There is no associated invoice.
- NC_CPS_AR_OSR_PAYMENTS_BY_PROJ – Shows invoice generated to sponsor and payment received.
- NC_CPS_AR_OSR_OPEN_ITEMS – Shows invoice generated to sponsor and payment not received.
- NC_CPS_KK_PROJECT_SUM – Shows available balance, pre-encumbrance, encumbrance, and expense on OSR funds.
- NC_CPS_KK_PROJECT_DATA – Shows all OSR projects with chartfield strings and Commitment Control end date.
Note: The query NC_KK_PROJECT_DATA in ConnectCarolina Query Viewer contains the project end date.
- NC_CPS_KK_WRONG_PROJECT_QRY – Identifies non-cost sharing OSR balances for projects that have a department that is outside the Grants Project-Department range.