Skip to main content
Resource Categories: General
Version Date: November 3, 2021

Double-Check Your Home Address

Your home address is where the University sends your benefits correspondence and printed tax forms. Please take a minute to double-check your home address in the campus directory and update it if needed.

  • Sign in to ConnectCarolina and click the drop-down arrow in the top blue header to select the Self Service home page. From there, click the Personal Information tile, and then the Addresses option on the left side of the Personal Information screen.
  • Verify that your home address is correct and click the red pencil icon next to your home address if you need to make changes. If you make changes, be sure to click OK at the bottom of the Edit Address page, and then Save. Be sure to update your home address before winter break to make sure your tax forms are delivered to the correct address.

Opt Out of a Printed a W-2

You can opt out of receiving a paper W-2 form and instead download an electronic copy from the ConnectCarolina Self-Service menu when W-2s are released.

To double-check that you’ve made a selection, log in to ConnectCarolina and from the Self Service home page in ConnectCarolina, click the My Pay and Taxes tile, and then W-2/W2c Consent. If you’ve already consented to opt out of a paper W-2, your selection will show on the screen.  If you would like to opt out, follow the instructions on the screen to stop receiving a printed W-2.

To find W-2 FAQs and forms, visit the tax forms webpage.

Double-Check Your Emergency Contact Information

Be sure to provide contact information for at least one relative or friend to ensure that the University has someone to reach out to in the event of an emergency. To check that your emergency contact’s information is correct, start from the Self Service home page in ConnectCarolina. From there, click the Personal Information tile, and then the Emergency Contacts option on the left side of the screen.

  • If you need to change the information for your emergency contact, click the red pencil icon next to your emergency contact’s name. If you make changes be sure to click Save, then OK and then Save again.
  • You can include information for two people, and in the event of an emergency, the University will attempt to contact them in the order listed. To add a second contact, click the Add an Emergency Contact button and enter their name, address and phone numbers. Then click Save, then OK and then Save again.

If you need help with updating your home address or opting out of a printed W-2, give the Service Desk a call at 919-962-HELP (962-4357).