ConnectCarolina Student Administration Outage
ConnectCarolina Student Administration is Experiencing an Outage
We are working to restore ConnectCarolina [component] functionality. Please review the information below to see what systems are impacted.
The ConnectCarolina Student Center is down.
- Students will not be able to access or use ConnectCarolina during this outage for any student action such as viewing class schedules or updating personal information.
These companion systems will not be available during the outage:
- Access from ConnectCarolina to Bill Pay
- Parent proxies to view student data
- Access to ConnectCarolina from the CarolinaGO mobile app
- Access from ConnectCarolina to Credentials, Coursicle, CollegeScheduler
- Proxy and Authorized Users (third party) Creation and Access
Other Systems Affected by a Student Admin Service Disruption
- As noted above.
- InfoPorte and SAS Visual Analytics reports are available.
- The ConnectCarolina reporting instance (accessed using the Ad Hoc Reporting (RPT) menu option) will not be available from ConnectCarolina.
You cannot start New Hires during the outage.
There is no impact to Finance Systems.
During the outage, you will not be able to:
- Create or change an Onyen or Guest ID or change your password
- Update your listing in the online directory to include emergency contact and phone number for Alert Carolina
- PID Create
- PID Inquiry
- CPPSReg – Credit Program Registration
- PDEPReg – Professional Development Registration
- CEU – Continuing Education Units
- FCCPS -Friday Center Central Processing
Administrative Services Supported by ConnectCarolina Student Administration
If Student Administration experiences a service disruption, there may be widespread impact on other systems and functionality inside and outside of ConnectCarolina. These are listed below. Julie Dockens is the Enterprise Applications Lead Contact for ConnectCarolina.
|System / Functionality|
|Financial Aid and Scholarship Offers and Awards|
|Enrollment and Registration|
|Course and Faculty Information|
|Official Student Record including
|Connection to Online Degree Programs|
|Academic Advising and Degree Audit|
|Student Billing and Payments|
|Reporting - Enrollment, Tax|
|Ensuring Compliance with GA requirements incl:
|Additional functions to ensure compliance with Federal, State and other Regulatory Requirements|
|Departmental Systems including 1) CORE Lab order entry and billing and 2) Departmental Workflow|
|International Students and Scholar Tracking and Federal Reporting|
For Questions or Problems
Contact the Service Desk at 919-962-HELP or help.unc.edu. Outage notifications will be posted on the ConnectCarolina landing page (the page you see when you go to connectcarolina.unc.edu and on the home page of ConnectCarolina