Scheduled ConnectCarolina Finance Outage
Scheduled ConnectCarolina Finance Outage
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please review the information below to see what services are impacted.
These companion systems will not be available during the outage:
- Web Travel
- Unit Accounting System (UAS)
- Vendor Invoice Submission Page (VISP)
- Customer Billing Management (CBM) and Bill Presentation
Other Systems Affected by a Finance Service Disruption
- BuyCarolina orders cannot be placed or changed during the outage because they are part of the ConnectCarolina Finance system.
- Airgas orders can be placed by emailing the ANWMorrisvilleAdministration@airgas.com, which is routed to Teresa Suggs (919-544-3772 ext 311) or Jason Newhouse (919-544-3772 ext 312). Airgas will handle the orders over the outage period and work through the technical process after Connect Carolina is back up and running.
- Arc3 orders cannot be placed or changed during the outage because they are part of the ConnectCarolina Finance system. For emergencies contact: Arc3 Customer Service at 919 682-4527
TIM and Viewing Paychecks
- Faculty, staff and student employees will not be able to use the Self-Service functions such as View Paycheck during the outage.
- The TIM system will be available, but you will not be able to access it using the link in ConnectCarolina. If you need to use TIM during the outage, go to https://unctim.unc.edu/employee.
Other Systems Affected by a HR/Payroll Service Disruption
Click on the buttons below for detailed information on systems impacted.
- Queries, BI Publisher and Envision Reports cannot be accessed at this time due to the outage.
Administrative Services Supported by ConnectCarolina Finance
If Finance experiences a service disruption, there may be widespread impact on other systems and functionality inside and outside of ConnectCarolina. These are listed below. Becky Arnold is the Enterprise Applications Lead Contact for ConnectCarolina.
|Finance Functionality||Non-ConnectCarolina Finance Functionality|
|Procurement including||TouchNet – vendor application for Student Billing and campus credit card processing via internet|
|Accounts Receivable for||Customer Billing Management (CBM) – web application to manage inner departmental billing|
|Grant and Contract Financial Management and Reporting||Bill Presentation – web application for campus reporting of inner departmental billing|
|General Ledger||Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GShip) – ConnectCarolina custom app to manage Graduate Student Health Insurance|
|Institutional Financial Reporting||Unit Accounting System (UAS) – web application to track and report investment pools|
|Budgetary Controls||On-line paystub – web application for faculty/staff to review paystubs prior to Oct. 2014|
|Internal Charges and Transfers||Surplus Property Management System (SPMS) – vendor application to track/sell surplus goods|
|Management Reporting||Ecommerce – web application to manage recurring vendor transactions to charge campus|
|Non-Payroll Tax Reporting||Facilities Management Enterprise (FME) Storeroom – vendor application to manage inventory for Dental/Mini Storerooms (upgrading to AiM spring 2018)|
|Maintaining compliance with Federal, State and other Regulatory Requirements||Web Travel – web application to process travel and central airfare|
|Time Information Management (TIM) – vendor application (Kronos) for time / leave tracking||PCard – web application to manage purchase card transactions|
|WindStar – vendor application for alien reporting||Flexible Routing Electronic Documents (FRED) – web application for work flow in WebTravel and PCard|
|Vendor Invoice Submission (VISP) – web application to allow vendors and campus to submit invoices to Accounts Payable|
|Finan$eer – web application for access to legacy (prior to Oct 2014) GL transactions|
|ePrint – vendor application to access legacy financial/payroll reports|
For Questions or Problems
Contact the Service Desk at 919-962-HELP or help.unc.edu. Outage notifications will be posted on the ConnectCarolina landing page (the page you see when you go to connectcarolina.unc.edu and on the home page of ConnectCarolina