Note: If the Proxy already has a log-in ID, either an Onyen or Guest ID, skip steps I and II and go directly to Step III (Student: Grants access to proxy)
I. Student: Invite Someone to be a Proxy
1. From connectcarolina.unc.edu, click the Login to ConnectCarolina Student Center button, and log in with your Onyen and password.
2. Click the Home link in the top right section of the screen.
3. Click the Self Service button and click the Invite Third Party Proxy link.
4. Complete the Proxy invitation form.
Result: Once the completed Proxy invitation form is submitted:
- you, as the student receive a confirmation page,
- an email is sent to the invited proxy (see next step),
- an email is sent to the student when the new proxy successfully creates an account.
II. Proxy: Registers as a Proxy
1. The Proxy (parent, guardian etc.) receives an email with the subject line: Invitation to Register as a Proxy on Behalf of a Student. The email includes a link to the ‘Third Party Proxy Registration page.’
2. Complete the form and click Continue.
3. Click Submit.
Result: The Proxy receives a password reset email with a temporary password. The email includes a link to the ‘Change Password’ page.
4. Create and confirm a new password and click Continue.
Result: The student receives an email indicating that the proxy set up an account. The email contains instructions for the student to proceed with granting access.
III. Student Grants Access to the Third Party
- From connectcarolina.unc.edu, click the Log in to ConnectCarolina Student Center with your Onyen and password.
- Click the select Home link in the top right section of the screen.
- Click the Student Administration button and click the Manage Non-billing Access link.
- Enter the proxy’s Guest ID (email) or Onyen (if the proxy has an Onyen), first name and last name and then click the Validate ID button.
5. Complete Share My Access portion of page. Click the check boxes for the type of access that you are granting to the Proxy.
IV. Proxy: Log in to ConnectCarolina Student Center
1. After the proxy receives an email confirming access to the student’s account, go to connectcarolina.unc.edu and click the See Student Info link under Proxy/Authorized Users heading.
This will lead to the proxy section which contains a list of students who have granted the proxy access.
2. Click the student’s name.
Result: The page contains links to the various services (view grades, enrollment etc) that the proxy is authorized to view. The list varies depending on the options the student selected.