ConnectCarolina HR/Payroll and Student Administration Outage – December 2, 2021
Thursday, December 2, 2021
5:00pm – midnight
Faculty, students and staff will not be able to access or use ConnectCarolina during this outage for any student action such as viewing class schedules or updating personal information. Additionally, the HR component of ConnectCarolina will not be available for any HR actions.
Please note that the Background Check form will be temporarily unavailable during the outage.
These companion systems will not be available during the outage:
- Access from ConnectCarolina to Bill Pay
- Parent proxies to view student data
- Access to ConnectCarolina from the CarolinaGO mobile app
- Access from ConnectCarolina to Credentials, Coursicle, CollegeScheduler
- Proxy and Authorized Users (third party) Creation and Access
These additional systems are not available during this outage:
- Affiliate Request
- PID Create
- Guest ID
- PID Inquiry
- Friday Center Applications (CPPSReg, PDEPReg, CEU, FCCPS)
TIM and Viewing Paychecks
- Faculty, staff and student employees will not be able to use the Self-Service functions such as View Paycheck during the outage.
- The TIM system will be available, but you will not be able to access it using the link in ConnectCarolina. If you need to use TIM during the outage, go to https://unctim.unc.edu/employee.
- W-2 forms cannot be accessed during the outage.
Benefits Information is Available by Phone
- You can make Enrollment changes by calling the Eligibility and Enrollment Support Center at 855-859-0966.
PeopleAdmin and LawLogix
- Companion systems such as PeopleAdmin and LawLogix are available, but they are not able to pull information from or send information to ConnectCarolina during the outage.
Other Systems Affected by a Student Admin Service Disruption
- InfoPorte and Tableau reports are available.
- You cannot start New Hires during the outage.
- You will not be able to create or update person data during the outage.
There is no impact to Finance Systems.
During the outage, you will not be able to:
- Create or change an Onyen or Guest ID or change your password
- Update your listing in the online directory to include emergency contact and phone number for Alert Carolina
- PID Create
- PID Inquiry
- CPPSReg – Credit Program Registration
- PDEPReg – Professional Development Registration
- CEU – Continuing Education Units
- FCCPS -Friday Center Central Processing
For Questions or Problems
Contact the Service Desk at 919-962-HELP or help.unc.edu. Outage notifications will be posted on the ConnectCarolina landing page (the page you see when you go to connectcarolina.unc.edu and on the home page of ConnectCarolina).