We are sending this message to let you know about changes to pages you may have access to in ConnectCarolina. Please read this information carefully.
As we have shared previously, Information Technology Enterprise Applications takes its responsibility for securing our employees’ sensitive information (including social security numbers) very seriously. The changes we are making this week will continue to tighten security by limiting the number of places where a social security number (SSN) is displayed and reducing the number of individuals who can see them.
Beginning on Monday, December 17 after 5:00pm, the following changes will be in place on the UNC Campus > Campus Supplier pages:
- You will no longer see the TIN or PID search field on the Find an Existing Value tab.
- If there’s a Tax Identification Number (TIN) in the TIN or PID field, the Search Results will be fully masked, you will only see asterisks in this field.
- If there’s a TIN in the TIN or PID field on the Supplier Data form, it will be fully masked (you will only see asterisks in this field). If there’s a PID in this field, you will see the last 4-digits, as you do in the system today.
- If you are adding a new supplier and the supplier type is Other Supplier and you know the TIN, enter the Social Security Number in the Enter TIN Only field and tab out of the field, the entire field will be masked. You will have to enter the TIN again in the Confirm TIN field to confirm.
- If you are adding a new supplier and the supplier type is Other Supplier and you don’t know the TIN – there will be a lookup where you can search by the supplier’s name. In the Search Results, the TIN will be fully masked.
- Only a small number of people in Central Offices with job-related duties that require it will be able to see the TINs on these pages. A justification form will be required for this access.
To reiterate, if you have been using SSN as an identifier in your work, please consider changing your process to use other identifier(s).
We appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we work to make the information stored in ConnectCarolina even more secure. If you have any questions about these changes, you can submit a help request at help.unc.edu.
The ConnectCarolina Team
|Information | ccinfo.unc.edu
Questions | email@example.com
Training | firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe | ConnectCarolina Newsletter
Help | help.unc.edu | 962-HELP